Goldstein, Tanen & Trench, P.A.
One Biscayne Tower
Two South Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, Florida 33131
Richard M. Goldstein, a founding partner of the firm, practiced exclusively as a commercial trial lawyer for 35 years until his retirement in 2010. During that time, together with Susan Trench, he was involved with all types of commercial litigation from basic breach of contract claims to international, multi-layered reinsurance disputes and represented a true cross section of the business community. He was Florida Bar Board certified in both Civil and Business Litigation, and tried cases in both federal and state courts throughout the United States. He also served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Florida before going into private practice in 1976.
Prior to receiving his law degree, Mr. Goldstein proudly served in the United States Army as a member of the 7th Special Forces from November 1968 to December 1969 and with the 5th Special Forces in Vietnam in 1970. During his service in Vietnam he was awarded, amongst other decorations, two Purple Hearts and three Bronze Stars for Valor.
Areas of Practice:
- 100% Litigation
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 1983-2010
- Board Certified Business Litigation Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 1997-2010
- Florida, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2008
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 1974, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, 1972 B.B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- April 20, 1947, New York, New York, United States of America